We're always happy to hear from you. You can speak to a member of staff on the Help Desk (Floor 4 of the library) any time during staffed hours, or use the contact details below.
- Library enquiries: 01484 473888
- IT support: 01484 473737 (24 hours a day)
- email: library
- Use the self-service help portal: HudHelp
- Disability Support
- copyright queries
Is the Library too noisy?
Text NOISE to 81025, letting us know the floor number and zone (check the poster on each desk to see which zone you are in), or email library.noise with the same details.
Our wardens check these alerts regularly, day or night, and will come to check on the area as soon as they are able.
Our Help Centre is on the 4th floor of the Schwann building, opposite the library entrance.
Visit the Help Desk during staffed hours for help with:
- your IT account, e.g. using your email or resetting your password
- your library account or inter-library loans
- finding information for your assignments, using Summon or other databases, or APA 6th referencing
- software to install on your own computer, including Minitab and SPSS
- borrowing audio-visual equipment such as video cameras and dictaphones
- buying printing and binding materials, such as spiral binders, acetates for photocopying/printing, and laminating pouches
Outside of staffed hours, please call the 24 hour IT helpline for IT queries: 01484 473737.
For library queries, please email library and we will respond the next working day.
Let us know what you think about our service
In Computing and Library Services we are committed to providing you with excellent service, and we invite your feedback to help us to improve what we do.
If you would like to take up any matter you think is unsatisfactory about the service you have received from us, please refer to our CLS Complaints Procedure (PDF), which is also available as a Flowchart.
We promise that we will deal with your complaint as quickly as possible, in confidence, keep you updated, and look at the pattern of complaints to identify areas where we need to improve.
You can view our customer service standards and other library policies on our Library policies and standards page.
Heritage Quay is the University's Archive, available to all students, staff and researchers. Archive themes including Art and Design, Education, Music, Nursing, Politics, Sport and Theatre.
The archives catalogue can be searched online. Archivists are available to talk about using the archives in research, and methods of discovering materials. The team can be contacted on archives.