APA Referencing Guide — Journals, trade publications or magazines
Journals, trade publications or magazines referencing guide (PDF download).
- For articles with one or two authors include both family names in the citation.
- If a work has 3-20 authors, include the first author's family name followed by et al.
- Some online articles do not have page numbers, so the DOI or URL will be sufficient. If you use the reference builder to create the reference, the punctuation will need to be altered, with a full stop after the issue or part number before the DOI.
- If the article does not have a DOI, use the URL of the website.
- If you are citing an advance release version, insert "Advance online publication" before the DOI or URL.
- If you are referencing a long URL, you are encouraged to use a URL shortening service, e.g. Bitly or TinyURL..
Choose the most relevant link below: