APA Referencing Guide — Books
Books referencing guide (PDF download).
- (Ed.) abbreviation for Editor (in round brackets, followed by a full stop)
- (Eds.) abbreviation for more than one editor (in round brackets, followed by a full stop)
- (ed.) abbreviation for edition (in round brackets, followed by a full stop)
- Only include edition if it the second or subsequent edition, i.e. do not mention if it is the first edition of a book.
- Publication details are generally found towards the start of the book. In art books, these are often at the end of the book.
- Ignore the reprint dates.
- If there is a choice of cities for the place of publication, you only need to include the location in the UK.
- If it is a US city, also include the state abbreviation, e.g. Baltimore, MD. The full list of the state abbreviations is available.
- Do not use the word Ltd. after the name of the publisher.
Choose the most relevant link below: