APA Referencing Guide — Social media
Social media referencing guide (PDF download).
- Provide the name of the page or the content/ caption of the post (up to the first 20 words) as the title.
- Posts might contain nonstandard spelling and capitalization, hashtags, links, and emojis. Do not alter anything, replicate original presentation, if possible.
- If you are referencing a long URL, you are encouraged to use a URL shortening service, e.g. Bitly or TinyURL.
- All links should be live if the work is to be read online. Remove the hyperlink if the work in a printed format.
- Provide a retrieval date because the content is designed to change over time and is not archived. The format is: Retrieved January 12, 2020, from https://www.facebook.com/nationalparkservice/
Choose the most relevant link below: