Using Other Libraries

University of Huddersfield

Using Other Libraries

We participate in reciprocal schemes that enable our members to use the resources of many other libraries, and vice versa.

Other university libraries

SCONUL Access is a scheme that enables staff, researchers and postgraduate research students to borrow material from a selection of other academic libraries across the country.

You will be able to apply for reference-only access to other libraries in the scheme, and depending on the institution and your level/mode of study, you may be able to borrow from other libraries.

To find out which institutions' libraries you could use, and what kind of access they allow, please see the SCONUL website. You can also apply for a SCONUL Access card on this website.

Members of other institutions wanting to use Huddersfield University Library should also apply via the SCONUL website.

NHS reciprocal borrowing scheme

This allows limited borrowing and usage rights to local NHS libraries for health students on work placement.

Please enquire at the library service within the institution where you are undertaking your work placement for information about how to join.

NHS staff can join our library as external borrowers. Members can borrow up to 5 books at a time, and membership lasts until the end of August during the same Academic Year.

Using public libraries

You can join public libraries in any area where you work, live or study. This includes students who may not be resident all year round. Huddersfield Public Library is a short walk from the University, and is part of Kirklees Libraries. For information about Kirklees Libraries, including how to join, please see their website.

You can search for other public libraries around the country using this Government website.

web page URL: /pages/usingotherlibraries/
last updated: Fri 07/Jul/2017 at 1:33pm