APA Referencing Guide — Tables/graphs and figures
Tables/graphs and figures referencing guide (PDF download).
- All tables/ figures should be numbered so you can refer to them in your work.
- Refer to your table/ figure by their number not their location in the text, e.g. see Table 1 not see Table 1 below.
- The table number (e.g. Table 1) appears above the table in bold font.
- The table title appears one double-spaced line below the table number in italic title case, e.g. Numbers of Children With and Without Proof of Parental Citizenship.
- If you reuse or adapt a table/ figure from another source, the citation should refer to the original source (e.g. book, website, journal).
- The original source is included in the reference list.
|Format and order|
Note. (Capper, 1994, p. 562)
Capper, P. (1994). Properties of narrow gap cadmium-based compounds. Institution of Engineering & Technology. https://app.knovel.com/