APA Referencing Guide — PDF
PDF referencing guide (PDF download).
- A PDF is a file format in which a publication has been saved. A PDF can contain all kinds of documents, e.g. a journal article, a government report or company report.
- If you are not sure what kind of document it is, please contact the Library.
- The rule for most of PDF documents is to stick to the webpage format:
Author. (Year). Title. URL .
- The author/s could be individual people or an organisation. When the author and publisher (or hosting website) are the same name, do not include the publisher in the reference list.
- The URL can be quite long for PDFs hosted on the web. If you are referencing a long URL, you are encouraged to use a URL shortening service, e.g. Bitly or TinyURL.