- Albright, S. Christian
- Winston, Wayne L.
- Broadie, Mark Nathan
- Lapin, Lawrence L.
- Whisler, William D.
- Management science -- Computer simpulation.
- Management science -- Mathematical models
- Electronic spreadsheets
- 35.60 inc vat
- 35.60 inc VAT
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- CD-ROM in back pocket.
- Includes Internet access card.
- Text on lining paper.
- Bibliography: p. 666-668.
- Part I: INTRODUCTION TO SPREADSHEET MODELING. 1. Introduction to Modeling. Introduction. A Waiting Line Example. Modeling Versus Models. The Seven-Step Modeling Process. A Successful Management Science Application. Why Study Management Science? Software Included in This Book. Conclusion. 2. Introductory Spreadsheet Modeling. Introduction. Basic Spreadsheet Modeling: Concepts and Best Practices. Cost Projections. Breakeven Analysis. Ordering with Quantity Discounts and Demand Uncertainty. Decisions Involving the Time Value of Money. Conclusion. Appendix: Tips for Editing and Documenting Spreadsheets. Part II: DECISION MAKING UNDER CERTAINTY. 3. Introduction to Optimization Modeling. Introduction. Introduction to Optimization. A Two-Variable Model. Sensitivity Analysis. Properties of Linear Models. Infeasibility and Unboundedness. A Product Mix Model. A Multiperiod Production Model. A Comparison of Algebraic and Spreadsheet Models. A Decision Support System. Conclusion. Appendix: Information on Solvers. 4. Linear Programming Models. Introduction. Advertising Models. Static Workforce Scheduling Models. Aggregate Planning Models. Blending Models. Production Process Models. Financial Models. Conclusion. 5. Network Models. Introduction. Transportation Models. Assignment Models. Minimum Cost Network Flow Models. Shortest Path Models. Project Scheduling Models. Conclusion. 6. Linear Optimization Models with Integer Variables. Introduction. Overview of Optimization with Integer Variables. Capital Budgeting Models. Fixed-Cost Models. Set Covering Models and Location/Assignment Models. Conclusion. 7. Nonlinear Optimization Models. Introduction. Basic Ideas of Nonlinear Optimization. Pricing Models. Advertising Response and Selection Models. Facility Location Models. Models for Rating Sports Teams. Portfolio Optimization Models. Conclusion. Part III: DECISION MAKING UNDER UNCERTAINTY. 8. Decision Making Under Uncertainty. Introduction. Elements of a Decision Analysis. The PrecisionTree Add-In. Bayes? Rule. Multistage Decision Problems. Incorporating Attitudes Toward Risk. Conclusion. 9. Introduction to Simulation Modeling. Introduction. Real Applications of Simulation. Probability Distributions for Input Variables. Simulation with Built-In Excel Tools. Introduction to @RISK. The Effect of Input Distributions on Results. Conclusion. 10. Simulation Models. Introduction. Operations Models. Financial Models. Marketing Models. Simulating Games of Chance. Conclusion. 11. Queuing Models. Introduction. Elements of Queuing Models. The Exponential Distribution. Important Queueing. Relationships. Analytical Queuing Models. Queuing Simulation Models. Conclusion. 12. Regression and Forecasting Models. Introduction. Overview of Regression Models. Simple Regression Models. Multiple Regression Models. Overview of Time Series Models. Moving Averages Models. Exponential Smoothing Models. Conclusion.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue