- Prisons -- Great Britain
- Prison administration -- Great Britain.
- Prisoners -- Great Britain
- Imprisonment -- Great Britain
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface 1 Introduction: The Role of Imprisonment in the 21st Century, Anne Owers Part 1: Prisons in Perspective Introduction 2 Prison History, Keith Soothill 3 The Changing Face of English Prisons in the Modern Era, Tony Bottoms 4 The Sociology of Imprisonment, Ben Crew 5 The Politics of Imprisonment, Richard Sparks 6 Global Comparisons of Imprisonment, Roy King 7 Researching Prisons, Laura Piacentini 8 The Twenty-First Century Prison, Hilary Cottam Part 2: Prisoners Introduction 9 Children and Young Offenders, Rod Morgan 10 Ageing Prisoners, Elaine Crawley 11 Women in Prison, Diana Medlicott 12 Ethnic Minority Prisoners, Kimmett Edgar 13 Political Prisoners, Kieran McEvoy and Ruth Jamieson Part 3: Prisons: Themes and Debates Introduction 14 Security, Control and the Problems of Containment, Roy King 15 Private Prisons and 'Contracting Out', Stephen Nathan 16 Prison Healthcare, Jenny Shaw 17 Drugs in Prison, Mike Wheatley 18 Suicides and Suicide Prevention, Alison Liebling 19 Prisoners' Rights, Dirk van Zyl Smit Part 4: Staffing, Management and Accountability Introduction 20 Prison Officers and Prison Culture, Helen Arnold, Alison Liebling and Sarah Tait 21 Governing, Leadership and Change, Andrew Coyle 22 Performance Measurement and Maintaining Order in Prisons, Jamie Bennett 23 Inspecting Prisons, Richard Harding 24 Prisons and the Media, Yvonne Jewkes Part 5: Regimes, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Introduction 25 Dangerous Offenders, Tony Maden 26 Addressing Offending Behaviour: What Works and Beyond, Clive Hollin and Charlotte Bilby 27 Characteristics of Late Modern Penality, Mike Maguire and Peter Raynor 28 Prisoners' Families, Alice Mills and Helen Codd 29 Release, Throughcare and Resettlement, Shadd Maruna 30 Campaigning About and Campaigning Against Prisons: the Future of the Institution, Mick Ryan and Joe Sim Glossary Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue