- Physical therapy -- Research -- Statistical methods
- Physical Therapy Modalities.
- Evidence-based medicine
- Outcome and Process Assessment (Health Care)
- Research design
- Statistics as Topic -- methods.
- 070202998X (pbk.)
- 9780702029981 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 2004.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- SECTION 1 Basic principles of research 1. Introduction 2. Research design and statistics: some basic concepts 3. Questionnaires, surveys and sampling 4. The nature of the data 5. Techniques of descriptive statistics 6. Testing hypotheses 7. Designing your study 8. Sources of error in research 9. Matching the research design to the statistical test 10.Putting the theory into practice 11.Writing up the research for publication 12.Reading published research critically SECTION 2 Statistical tests 13.Non-parametric tests for same- and matched-subject designs 14.Parametric tests for same- and matched-subject designs 15. Non-parametric tests for different- (unrelated-) subject designs 16.Parametric tests for different- (unrelated-) subject designs 17.Non-parametric and parametric tests for correlational designs 18.Estimation SECTION 3 Research applications 19.Attitude scales 20.Repertory grid analysis 21.Using statistics in diagnostic and screening tests: receiver operating characteristics 22.Capturing expert opinion: the Delphi technique 23.Capturing the user voice: Thurstone's paired comparison technique 24.Capturing the clinician's view: reliability measures 25.Undertaking systematic reviews Appendices Appendix 1 Basic mathematical principles Appendix 2 Statistical probability tables Appendix 3 Answers to activities Appendix 4 A sample critique of a published article Glossary References, further reading and information sources Index
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue