- Adams, Robert, 1944-
- Dominelli, Lena.
- Payne, Malcolm, 1947-
- Social service -- Great Britain
- Social work education -- Great Britain.
- Social workers -- Training of -- Great Britain
- 0230218652 (pbk.)
- 9780230218659 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: Basingstoke: Palgrave, 2002.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction; R.Adams, L.Dominelli & M.Payne Towards a critical understanding of social work; R.Adams, L.Dominelli & M.Payne PART 1: KNOWLEDGE FOR SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE Positioning social work; L.Dominelli The changing nature of social work; V.Cree Values, ethics and social work; S.Shardlow Anti-oppressive practice; L.Dominelli The wider significance of social work; B.Jordan Social policy, poverty and social work; A.Walker & C.Walker Social work and the law; M.Preston-Shoot & S.Braye Social work and organisations; S.Perrott Perspectives on the life course: childhood and adolescence; G.Misca Perspectives on the life course; later life; R.Adams, L.Dominelli & M.Payne Researching social work; H.McLaughlin PART 2: SOCIAL WORK PROCESS Understanding the social work process; M.Payne Communication in social work; P.Hanley Working with service users and carers; H.Charnley, G.Roddam & j.Simmons Assessment; N.Baldwin Planning; M.Holloway Intervention; N.Horner Intervention and empowerment; B.Burke & J.Dalrymple Alternative intervention: the mind-body-spirit perspective; S.Man Ng C.Chan Monitoring, review and evaluation; L.Bell & M.Payne PART 3: THE PRACTICE ENVIRONMENT Working with children, young people and families; R.Adams Adult services and health-related social work; M.Payne Working with the voluntary and community sectors; M.Payne Practice planning; J.Tilling Personal and professional development; J.Lishman Concluding comments; R.Adams, L.Dominelli & M.Payne
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue