- Scott, Bonnie Kime, 1944-
- Broe, Mary Lynn
- English literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc
- Modernism (Literature)
- American literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
- English literature -- Women authors -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
- American literature -- Women authors -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
- Sex role in literature
- Women and literature
- Indiana University Press,
- 0253351227 : (alk. paper)
- 9780253351227 : (alk. paper)
- 0253205840 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780253205841 (pbk. : alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 702-709) and index.
- Acknowledgments -- Introduction. Bonnie Kime Scott -- 1 Djuna Barnes Introduced by Mary Lynn Broe Mother To the Dogs The Confessions of Helen Westley -- 2 Willa Cather Introduced by Jane Lilienfeld The Novel Demeuble Nancy's Return (From Sapphira and the Slave Girl) -- 3 Nancy Cunard Introduced by Susan Stanford Friedman Black Man and White Ladyship Harlem Reviewed The American Moron and the American of Sense - Letters on the Negro Letter to Ezra Pound -- 4 H.D. Introduced by Susan Stanford Friedman Notes on Thought and Vision The Borderline Pamphlet Marianne Moore Responsibilities Joan of Arc Letters to Amy Lowell Letters to Marianne Moore -- 5 T.S. Eliot Introduced by Nancy K. Gish Introduction to Djuna Barnes's Nightwood Review of Marianne Moore's Poems and Marriage Introduction to Marianne Moore's Selected Poems -- 6 Jessie Redmon Fauset Introduced by Cheryl A. Wall As to Books Review of Countee Cullen and Langston Hughes Foreword to The Chinaberry Tree From the Bun -- 7 Zora Neale Hurston Introduced by Cheryl A. Wall Characteristics of Negro Expression Spirituals and Neo-Spirituals Big Sweet (From Dust Tracks on a Road) Stories of Conflict -- 8 James Joyce Introduced by Bonnie Kime Scott Stephen's Interview with His Mother (From Stephen Hero) Letter to Nora Barnacle -- 9 Nella Larsen Introduced by Thadious M. Davis Letter on Walter White's Flight Letter to Carl Van Vechten -- 10 D.H. Lawrence Introduced by Bonnie Kime Scott Matriarchy Cocksure Women and Hensure Men -- 11 Mina Loy Introduced by Carolyn Burke Gertrude Stein Aphorisms on Futurism The Ineffectual Marriage Joyce's Ulysses Brancusi's Golden Bird -- 12 Rose Macaulay Introduced by Susan M. Squier Afternoon Out (From Non-Combatants and Others) Evening in Church (From Non-Combatants and Others) Alix, Nicholas, and West (From Non-Combatants and Others) Second Period: Smash (From Told by an Idiot) Following the Fashion Album -- 13 Hugh MacDiarmid Introduced by Nancy K. Gish Following Rebecca West in Edinburgh: A Monologue in the Vernacular (With Glossary) -- 14 Katherine Mansfield Introduced by Clare Hanson From Early Journal From Letters to John Middleton Murry The Flowering of the Self (From Journal, 1920) On Vaihinger (From Journal, 1921) Three Women Novelists (From Review of Dorothy Richardson's The Tunnel) Dragonflies (From Review of Richardson's Interim) The New Infancy (Review of May Sinclair's Mary Olivier) A Ship Comes into the Harbour (Review of Virginia Woolf's Night and Day) A Novel without a Crisis (From Review of Vita Sackville-West's Heritage) -- 15 Charlotte Mew Introduced by Celeste M. Schenck Absence The Cenotaph -- 16 Marianne Moore Introduced by Marilyn L. Brownstein From the Correspondence If I Were Sixteen Today Charlotte Bronte Well Moused, Lion Archaically New Hymen -- 17 Ezra Pound Introduced by Ronald Bush Letter to Marianne Moore, 16 December 1918 Doggerel Section of Letter to Marianne Moore 'Others' (With Margaret Anderson's Annotation) Suffragettes -- 18 Jean Rhys Introduced by Coral Ann Howells Vienne Voyage in the Dark: Part IV (Original Version) Ghost Writing -- 19 Dorothy Richardson Introduced by Diane F. Gillespie From 'In the Crank's Library': In the Days of the Comet The Reality of Feminism Talent and Genius Women and the Future About Punctuation Women in the Arts Continuous Performance: The Film Gone Male Adventure for Readers Foreword to Pilgrimage Novels -- 20 May Sinclair Introduced by Diane F. Gillespie The Novels of Dorothy Richardson 'Prufrock: And Other Observations': A Criticism The Poems of 'H.D.' The Reputation of Ezra Pound 'The Future of the Novel': An Interview -- 21 Gertrude Stein Introduced by Marianne De-Koven How Writing is Written What Are Master-pieces and Why Are There So Few of Them A Transatlantic Interview 1946 Americans White Wines Play A Description of the Fifteenth of November: A Portrait of T.S. Eliot Sitwell Edith
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue