- Sexton, Roger.
- Bogusz, Barbara.
- Real property -- England -- Cases.
- Land tenure -- Law and legislation -- England -- Cases.
- Real property -- Wales -- Cases.
- Land tenure -- Law and legislation -- Wales -- Cases.
- 019955854X (pbk.)
- 9780199558544 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I UNDERLYING PRINCIPLES; 1. Introduction to the types of property rights in land; 2. Some basic concepts of property law; 3. Tenures (including commonhold) and Estates; 4. Legal and equitable rights in land; PART II UNREGISTERED LAND; 5. Differences in validity between legal property rights and equitable property rights; 6. The impact of the 1925 legislation; 7. Status of equitable interests after 1925; PART III REGISTRATION OF TITLE; 8. Registration of title-the basic principles; 9. Overriding interests and minor interests; PART IV TRUSTS OF LAND; 10. Trusts of Land - historical overview; 11. Trusts of Land defined; 12. The powers of trustees of land; PART V CO-OWNERSHIP; 13. Co-ownership of land-the basic concepts; 14. Severance of joint tenancies; 15. Co-ownership-the problems when co-owners fall out; PART VI LEASES; 16. Leases-the basic requirements; 17. Obligations in leases; 18. The running of covenants in a lease; 19. Termination of leases; PART VII LOSS OF OWNERSHIP; 20. Adverse possession and the Limitation Acts; 21. Rectification of the register of title; PART VIII EASEMENTS; 22. The essential characteristics of easements; 23. Express and implied grant of easements; 24. Prescription for easements (and profits); PART IX FREEHOLD COVENANTS; 25. Covenants; 26. Escaping from restrictive covenants; PART X MORTGAGES; 27. The creation of mortgages; 28. The remedies of mortgagees; 29. Special legal rules governing mortgages; 30. Priority of mortgages
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue