- Social structure -- Great Britain -- History.
- Social institutions -- Great Britain -- History.
- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 18th century
- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 19th century
- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 20th century
- Cambridge University Press,
- 0521438136 (pbk.) :
- 9780521438131 (pbk.) :
- 0521438160 (v.1)
- 9780521438162 (v.1)
- 0521438152 (v.2)
- 9780521438155 (v.2)
- 0521438144 (v.3)
- 9780521438148 (v.3)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Vol 1 - Regions and communities; Vol 2 - People and their environment; Vol 3 - Social agencies and institutions.
- Originally published: 1990.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Volume I: 1. Town and City F. M. L. Thompson; 2. The countryside W. A. Armstrong; 3. Scotland 1750-1850 Rosalind Mitchison; 4. Scotland 1850-1950 T. C. Smout; 5. Wales D. W. Howell and C. Baber; 6.; 5. The north-west J. K. Walton; 7. The north-east D. J. Rowe; 8. London and the Home Counties P. L. Garside. Volume II: 1. The social implications of demographic change Michael Anderson; 2. The family in Britain Leonore Davidoff; 3. Work Patrick Joyce; 4. Housing M. J. Daunton; 5. Food, drink and nutrition D. J. Oddy; 6. Leisure and culture H. Cunningham. Volume III: 1. Government and society in England and Wales, 1750-1914 Pat Thane; 2. Society and the state in twentieth century Britain Jose Harris; 3. Education Gillian Sutherland; 4. Health and medicine Virginia Berridge; 5. Crime, authority and the police-man state V. A. C. Gatrell; 6. Religion James Obelkevich; 7. Philanthropy F. K. Prochaska; 8. Clubs, societies and associations R. J. Morris.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue