- Canter, David V.
- Youngs, Donna.
- Geographical offender profiling.
- Criminal investigation -- Psychological aspects
- Psychology, crime and law series
- 0754625478 (hbk.) :
- 9780754625476 (hbk.)
- 0754625494 (pbk.) :
- 9780754625490 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -282) and index.
- Preface; Introduction - principles of geographical offender profiling: origins and principles; Part I Spatial Patterns in Behaviour: Navigational ideas and the Yorkshire Ripper investigation, S.S. Kind; On the Mode of Communication of Cholera. Explanation map showing the situation of the deaths in and around Broad Street, Golden Square, J. Snow; On the Mode of Communication of Cholera. Exploration of the map showing the situation of the deaths in and around Broad Street, Golden Square, J. Snow; Notes on the geometry of crime, P.L. Brantingham and P.J. Brantingham; Part II Offenders' Geography: Delinquency and distance, S. Turner; Crime and mobility: an empirical study, W.M. Rhodes and C. Conly; Place, space and police investigations: hunting serial violent criminals, K.D. Rossmo; The 'road to nowhere': evidence for travelling criminals, P. Wiles and A. Costello; Distance decay re-examined, G.F. Rengert, A.R. Piquero and P.R. Jones; Part III Key Concepts in Geographical Offender Profiling: Geographic profiling of criminals, D. Canter; Identifying the residential location of rapists, D.V. Canter and A. Gregory; Spatial patterns of serial murder: an analysis of disposal site location choice, S. Lundrigan and D. Canter; Criminals' mental maps, D. Canter and S. Hodge; Paper for wherdunit? Investigating the role of place in crime and criminality, D. Canter and K. Shalev; Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue