- Flinders, David J., 1955-
- Thornton, Stephen J.
- Education -- United States -- Curricula -- Philosophy.
- Curriculum planning -- United States
- Curriculum change -- United States
- 0415963222 (pbk.) :
- 9780415963220 (pbk.) :
- 0415963214 (hbk.) :
- 9780415963213 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: New York; London: Routledge Falmer, 2004.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface to the Third EditionIntroductionPart One: Looking Back: A Prologue to Curriculum Studies1. Scientific Method in Curriculum-making, Franklin Bobbitt2. A Critical Consideration of the New Pedagogy in its Relation to Modern Science, Maria Montessori 3. My Pedagogic Creed, John Dewey4. The Public School and the Immigrant Child, Jane Addams5. Dare the School Build a New Social Order? George S. Counts6. The Rise of Scientific Curriculum-Making and Its Aftermath, Herbert M. Kliebard Part Two: Curriculum At Education's Center Stage7. Basic Principles of Curriculum and Instruction, Ralph W. Tyler8. Man: A Course of Study, Jerome S. Bruner 9. Objectives, W. James Popham10. Education Objectives--Help or Hindrance? Elliot W. Eisner11. The Daily Grind, Phillip W. Jackson12. The Practical: A Language for Curriculum, Joseph J. SchwabPart Three: Reconceptualizing Curriculum Theory13. Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Paulo Freire14. Curriculum and Consciousness, Maxine Greene15. The Reconceptualization of Curriculum Studies, William F. Pinar16. The Paideia Proposal, Mortimer Adler17. The False Promise of the Paideia: A Cricitcal Review of the Paideia Proposal, Nel Noddings18. Implementation as Mutual Adaptation: Change in Classroom Organization, Milbrey Wallin McLaughlin19. Controlling the Work of Teachers, Michael W. Apple20. How Schools Shortchange Girls: Three Perspectives on Curriculum, American Association of University Women (AAUW)Part Four: After a Century of Curriculum Thought: Change and Continuity21. HIV/AIDS Education: Toward a Collaborative Curriculum, Jonathan Silin22. The Four R's--An Alternative to the Tyler Rational, William E. Doll Jr. 23. Generational Ideas in Curriculum: A Historical Triangulation, Peter Hlebowitsh 24. High-Stakes Testing and Curriculum Control: A Qualitative Metasynthesis, Wayne Au25. Standardizing Knowledge in a Multicultural Society, Christine Sleeter and Jamy Stillman 26. Outside the Core: Accountability in Tested and Untested Subjects, Leslie Siskin 27. What Does it Mean to Say a School is Doing Well? Elliot W. Eisner28. Subtractive Schooling, Caring Relations, and Social Capital in the Schooling of U.S. Mexican Youth, Angela Valenzuela 29. Teacher Experiences of Culture in the Curriculum, Elaine Chan 30. Silence on Gays and Lesbians in Social Studies Curriculum, Stephen J. Thornton31. Curriculum and Teaching Face Globalization, David Geoffrey Smith 32. Gender Perspectives on Educating for Global Citizenship, Peggy McIntosh33. The Classroom Practice of Commons Education, C. A. Bowers 34. The Aims of Education, Nel Noddings
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue