- Bowes, Jennifer M.
- Grace, Rebekah.
- Socialization -- Australia.
- Parent and child -- Australia.
- Children and the environment -- Australia.
- Children and adults -- Australia.
- 0195551540 (pbk.)
- 9780195551549 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 2004.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- FIGURES AND TABLES; PREFACE; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; CONTRIBUTORS; PART A: CONTEXTS AND CONSEQUENCES; 1. Contexts and Consequences: Impacts on Children, Families and Communities; 2. Research on Children, Families and Communities; PART B: CHARACTERISTICS OF CHILDREN: EFFECTS OF DISABILITY, ETHNICITY, GENDER AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY; 3. Disability: Characteristics, Contexts and Consequences; 4. Ethnicity: Spotlight on Person-context Interactions; 5. Playfulness: Interactions between Play Contexts and Child Development; PART C: FACE TO FACE INFLUENCES: FAMILIES, SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES; 6. Families as a Context for Children; 7. From Home to the World beyond: The Interconnections among Family, Care and Educational Contexts; 8 Isolation in Rural, Remote and Urban Communities; 9. Refugees in Australian Society; PART D: BEYOND FACE TO FACE POLICY: 'IN THE BEST INTERESTS' OF CHILDREN; 10. Child Protection and Substitute Care: The Responsibility of Families, Community and State; 11. Strong State Intervention: The Stolen Generations; 12. Child Care and Australian Social Policy; 13. Children, Families and Communities: Looking Forward
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue