- Kingdon, David G.
- Turkington, Douglas
- Schizophrenia -- Treatment
- Cognitive therapy
- Guides to individualized evidence-based treatment
- 1593858191 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781593858193 (pbk. : alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 203-211) and index.
- What is schizophrenia? -- Evidence for therapies in schizophrenia -- The therapeutic relationship -- Assessment -- Individualized case formulation and treatment planning -- Orienting the client to treatment -- Psychoeducation and normalisation -- Formulating and intervening with delusions -- Formulating and intervening with hallucinations -- Thought interference, passivity phenomena & formal thought disorder -- Negative symptoms -- Comorbid conditions -- Early intervention, relapse prevention and finishing therapy -- Difficulties in treatment -- Appendix 1: Health of the nation outcome scales -- Appendix 2: Psychotic symptoms rating scales -- Appendix 3: Therapy of psychosis rating scale -- Appendix 4: Relevant self-help material -- 'Cognitive therapy for psychosis' -- 'Understanding voices' -- 'Understanding how others think' -- 'Getting motivated' -- 'What's happening to me?' -- Appendix 5: Formulation sheet and diaries -- Making sense -- Delusions of reference -- Thought broadcasting -- Voices.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue