- Stauffer, George B., 1947-
- Music -- 17th century -- History and criticism
- Music -- 18th century -- History and criticism
- Indiana University Press ; Combined Academic [distributor],
- 025334798X (hbk.) :
- 9780253347985 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- LC copy imperfect: accompanying sound discs wanting.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface1. Songs of Shakespeare's England / Craig Monson; 2. Love's New Voice: Italian Monodic Song / Barbara Russano Hanning; 3. The Rise of Italian Chamber Music / Mary Oleskiewicz; 4. Music for Church and Community: Buxtehude in Lubeck / Kerala J. Snyder; 5. The Arts and Royal Extravagance: Music at the French Court / George B. Stauffer; 6. The Songs of Solomon (Rossi) as the Search for History / Michael Beckerman; 7. Usurping the Place of the Muses: Barbara Strozzi and the Female Composer in Seventeenth-Century Italy / Wendy Heller; 8. The Baroque Guitar: Players, Paintings, Patrons, and the Public / Victor Coelho; 9. Seventeenth-Century Keyboard Music in Northern Europe: Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands / David Schulenberg; 10. Bach and the Bounds of Originality / George B. Stauffer; 11. Bach's St. John Passion: Can We Really Still Hear the Work--and Which One? / Daniel R. Melamed; 12. Music in the "New World": The Baroque in Mexico and Brazil / Gerard BehagueSampler CDs Track List; PGM Recordings: Catalog; List of Contributors; Index
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue