- Elton, G. R.
- Guth, DeLloyd J., 1938-
- McKenna, John W.
- Elton, G. R.
- Great Britain -- History -- Tudors, 1485-1603
- Great Britain -- History -- Early Stuarts, 1603-1649.
- England -- Civilization -- 16th century
- Cambridge University Press,
- 0521091276 (pbk.) :
- 9780521091275 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Originally published: 1982.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. An Era of Reformations: 1. The Tudor Revolution and the Devil's Art: Bishop Bonner's printed forms Arthur J. Slavin; 2. How God became an Englishman John W. McKenna; 3. The reformation of choirs: cathedral musical establishments in Tudor England Stanford E. Lehmberg; 4. The Age of Debt, the Reformation and English law DeLloyd J. Guth; 5. The King's Privy Chamber, 1547-1553 Dale E. Hoak; 6. The place of women in Tudor government Mortimer Levine; Part II. The Age of Elizabethan Polity: 7. Parliament: the Elizabethan experience Wallace T. MacCaffrey; 8. The court of Exchequer comes of age W. Hamilton Bryson; 9. The Elizabethan Chancery and women's rights Maria L. Cioni; 10. Too good to be true: Thomas Lupton's Golden Rule Elliot Rose; 11. Towards petty sessions: Tudor JPs and divisions of counties Frederic A. Youngs, Jr; 12. Binding the nation: the Bonds of Association, 1584 and 1696 David Cressy; Part III. Early Stuart Variations: 13. Proclamations and parliamentary protest, 1539-1610 Rudolph W. Heinze; 14. Diplomatic intervention in English law enforcement: Sarmiento and James I Charles H. Carter; 15. Mr Hudson's Star Chamber Thomas G. Barnes; 16. The spoils of law: the trial of Sir John Hele, 1604 James S. Cockburn; 17. Prohibitions and the privilege against self-incrimination Charles M. Gray; 18. Quoting the Commons, 1604-1642 J. H. Hexter.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue