- Riggs, Ernestine Gates, 1938-
- Gholar, Cheryl Renee.
- Gholar, Cheryl Renee.
- Motivation in education
- Teacher-student relationships
- 1412963184 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 9781412963183 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 1412963192 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9781412963190 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Revised ed. of: Connecting with students' will to succeed : the power of conation / Cheryl Gholar & Ernestine Riggs.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 160-175) and index.
- Foreword by Raymond F. Morgan Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors Introduction 1. Understanding Conation Where Does the Will to Live, Learn, and Succeed Reside? What Is Conation? How Is Conation Different From Extrinsic Motivation? What Is Conative Intelligence (CI)? 2. Captivate, Connect, and Cultivate: Creating Lessons That Promote Learning Conative Strategies for Engaging Learners Designing Lessons That Reach the Heart of Learning Using Teaching Strategies Effectively in the Conative Domain Increasing Student Self-Efficacy With Choice Achieving High Performance in Spite of the Odds Lessons From the Heart of Learning: Instructional Strategies 3. Where Learning Lives: Instructional Activities That Engage Students What Is Learning? What Is Courage? Gholar and Riggs? Conative Taxonomy Conation and Character Building: The Strength and Spirit of Learning What Is Character? Character Development When Conation, Courage, and Character Become One Lessons From the Heart of Learning: Instructional Strategies 4. An Invitation to Learn: Awakening and Motivating Your Classroom Inviting Success Connecting to Students? Lives Outside of School Ensuring the Academic Success of Adolescents Conation Moves the Heart of a Teacher The Origins of Success and Failure Lessons From the Heart of Learning: Instructional Strategies 5. For All of Them, I Teach: Reflecting on Your Teaching Philosophy Authentic Teaching in the Conative Domain Using Diverse Teaching Styles Using STARS to Support the Will to Learn Implementing the Four I?s of Teacher Leadership Promoting Conation Schoolwide Lessons From the Heart of Learning: Instructional Strategies 6. The Bridge Between the Desire to Achieve and Reality: Putting It All Together The Will The Bridge Metaphor Insights Regarding Conation: Next Steps Resources Lexicon of Two Hundred Words, Thoughts, Phrases, Attitudes, and Expectations That Build Conative Connections Teaching to the Test: A Reflection References Index
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue