- Leyland, Peter, lecturer in law.
- Anthony, Gordon, LLB.
- Administrative law -- England -- Textbooks.
- Administrative law -- Wales -- Textbooks.
- 0199217769 (pbk.) :
- 9780199217762 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 2005.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction, theory and history; 2. Constitutional concepts and executive power; 3. The modern administrative state; 4. The European Union; 5. The general issue of accountability: the role of Parliament and MPs; 6. 'The Ombudsman principle'; 7. Tribunals; 8. Inquiries; 9. Administrative law and human rights; 10. Introduction to judicial review; 11. Illegality I; 12. Illegality II; 13. Wednesbury unreasonableness/irrationality, proportionality; 14. Legitimate expectations and equality; 15. Procedural impropriety I: statutory requirements; 16. Procedural impropriety II: the common law rules of fairness; 17. Express and implied limits on the role of the courts: ouster clauses and public interest immunity; 18. Filter mechanisms: rationing the remedies available; 19. The remedies; 20. Contracting and public bodies; 21. Liability in tort of public authorities; 22. Administrative law facing the future
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue