- Archer, Jayne Elisabeth.
- Goldring, Elizabeth, 1970-
- Knight, Sarah.
- Elizabeth I, Queen of England, 1533-1603 -- Travel.
- Processions -- England -- History -- 16th century.
- Pageants -- England -- History -- 16th century.
- Visits of state -- England -- History -- 16th century.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 16th century
- 0199291578 (hbk.) :
- 9780199291571 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Formerly CIP.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -293) and index.
- Notes on contributors; List of illustrations; List of maps; 1. Introduction: Elizabetha Triumphans; I. THE ELIZABETHAN PROGRESSES: PATTERNS, THEMES, AND CONTEXTS; 2. Monarchy in Motion: An Overview of the Progresses of Queen Elizabeth I; 3. Gift-Giving and Hospitality on the Elizabethan Progresses; II. CIVIC AND ACADEMIC RECEPTIONS FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH I; 4. Location as Metaphor in Elizabeth I's Coronation Entry (1559): Veritas Temporis Filia; 5. Royal Entertainments at the Universities: Playing for the Queen; 6. Mysteries, Musters, and Masque: The Import(s) of Elizabethan Civic Entertainments; 7. Pulling the Strings: Religion and Politics in the Progress of 1578; 8. The 'I' of the Beholder: Thomas Churchyard and the 1578 Norwich Pageant; III. PRIVATE RECEPTIONS FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH I; 9. Portraiture, Patronage, and the Progresses: Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester and the Kenilworth Festivities of 1575; 10. Contesting Terms: Loyal Catholicism and Lord Montague's Entertainment at Cowdray, 1591; 11. Elizabeth's Reception at Bisham (1592): Elite Women as Writers and Devisers; 12. Elizabethan Entertainments in Manuscript: The Harefield Festivities (1602) and the Dynamics of Exchange; IV. AFTERLIFE: CAROLINE AND ANTIQUARIAN PERSPECTIVES; 13. 'In the purest times of peerless Queen Elizabeth': Jonson and the Politics of Caroline Nostalgia; 14. A Pioneer of Renaissance Scholarship: John Nichols and the Progresses and Public Processions of Queen Elizabeth; Select Bibliography of Secondary Criticism
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue