- Love in literature
- Horror in literature
- Science in literature
- Popular culture and literature.
- Gothic fiction (Literary genre) -- History and criticism.
- Love stories, English -- History and criticism
- Love stories, American -- History and criticism.
- Science fiction, English -- History and criticism
- Science fiction, American -- History and criticism
- 041545090X (pbk.) :
- 9780415450904 (pbk.) :
- 0415450896 (hbk.) :
- 9780415450898 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 207-219) and index.
- Introduction: From Gothic to Romance I. Romance, Ruins and the Thing: from the romantic sublime to cybergothic Crisis, romanticism, repetition. Sublime Thing. Virtual imagination. Virtual repetition. II. Romance Consumed: death, simulation and the vampire The Gothic crisp Hypocrite vampire ! ! flaneur ! ! consumer ! Girly-girly Gothic. III. Poor Things as They Are: Political Romance from Gray to Godwin Postjustabouteverything. True romance. Gothic anti-gothic. IV. Flight of the Heroine: from Female Gothic to Postfeminism Posts. Becoming (gothic) woman. Alien romance V. Monsters of the Imagination: Science, Fiction, Romance Dark romance. Hideous progenies. Dark science. Future noir. VI. Resistance is Futile: Romance and the Machine Being borged. Gothic is irrelevant. Bibliography
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue