- Industries -- History -- 20th century
- International economic relations
- International business enterprises
- Economic policy
- Globalization -- Economic aspects
- Technological innovations -- Economic aspects
- 1593854366 (alk. paper)
- 9781593854362 (alk. paper)
- 1593854374 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781593854379 (hardcover : alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -583) and index.
- Questioning 'globalization' -- Global shift : the changing global economic map -- Technological change : 'gales of creative destruction' -- Transnational corporations : the primary 'movers and shapers' of the global economy -- 'Webs of enterprise' : the geography of transnational production networks -- 'The state is dead-- long live the state' -- 'Doing it their way' : variations in state economic policies -- Dynamics of conflict and collaboration : the uneasy relationship between TNCs and states -- 'Fabric-ating fashion' : the clothing industries -- 'Wheels of change' : the automobile industry -- 'Chips with everything' : the semiconductor industry -- 'We are what we eat' : the agro-food industries -- 'Making the world go round' : financial services -- 'Making the connections, moving the goods' : the logistics and distribution industries -- Winning and losing : an introduction -- Good or bad? evaluating the impact of TNCs on home and host economies -- Making a living in developed countries : where will the jobs come from? -- Making a living in developing countries : sustaining growth, enhancing equity, ensuring survival -- Making the world a better place.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue