- Crime prevention -- Great Britain
- Nuisances -- Great Britain.
- Criminal behavior -- Great Britain.
- Crime -- Sociological aspects -- Great Britain.
- Alternatives to imprisonment -- Great Britain -- Evaluation.
- 1847423515 (e-book)
- 9781847423511 (e-book)
- 1847420273 (pbk.) :
- 9781847420275 (pbk.)
- 1847420281 (hbk.) :
- 9781847420282 (hbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Why 'Anti-Social Behaviour': Debating ASBOs? ~ Peter Squires; Part one: Why tackle anti-social behaviour? ~Jessica Jacobson, Andrew Millie and Mike Hough; Resilient Fabians? Anti-social behaviour and community safety work in Wales ~ Adam Edwards and Gordon Hughes; Towards a balanced and practical approach to anti-social behaviour management ~ Gillian Mayfield & Andy Mills; Lost in translation: interpreting and implementing anti-social behaviour policies ~ Roger Matthews and Daniel Briggs; Part two: Governing through localism, contract and community: evidence from anti-social behaviour strategies in Scotland ~ Rionach Casey and John Flint; Anti-social behaviour and minority ethnic populations ~ David Prior and Basia Spalek; The ASBO and the shift to punishment ~ Elizabeth Burney; A Probation Officer's story ~ Mike Guilfoyle; Part three: Rationalising family intervention projects ~ Sadie Parr and Judy Nixon; Street life, neighbourhood policing and 'the community' ~ Stephen Moore; Room for resistance? Parenting orders, disciplinary power and the production of 'the bad parent' ~ Amanda Holt; Cameras, cops and contracts: what anti-social behaviour management feels like to young people ~ Carlie Goldsmith; 'ASBO youth': rhetoric and realities ~ Brian McIntosh; 'Binge drinking', anti-social behaviour and alcohol related disorder: Examining the 2003 licensing act ~ Paul Norris and Derek Williams; The criminalisation of intoxication ~ Fiona Measham and Karenza Moore; ASBOs and working women: a new revolving door? ~ Jo Phoenix; Part four: 'ASBOMANIA' ~ Shami Chakrabarti and Jago Russell; The responsibility of respecting justice: an open challenge to Tony Blair's successors ~ Dawn E Stephen; Asocial not antisocial: the 'respect agenda' and the therapeutic 'me' ~ Stuart Waiton; The future of Anti-Social Behaviour? ~ Peter Squires.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue