- Roker, Debi
- Coleman, John.
- Parent and teenager -- Great Britain
- Parenting -- Great Britain.
- Family services -- Great Britain
- 1843104202 (pbk.) :
- 9781843104209 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Contents: Preface. Part 1: Introduction. 1. Working with Parents of Young People: Setting the Scene. John Coleman and Debi Roker. Part 2: New Research and Implications for Practice. 2. How Does Monitoring and Supervision Work in Families?: A Study of 50 Young People and their Parents. Debi Roker and Stephanie Stace. 3. 'Team Parenting' of Young People in Foster Care. Stephanie Stace and Kevin Lowe. 4. Family Communication about Alcohol. Louise Cox, Nigel Sherriff, Lester Coleman and Debi Roker. 5. Children's Move to Secondary School: What Do Parents Need at this Time? Debi Roker, Kerry Devitt and Amanda Holt. 6. Supporting Children and Parents During the Transition to Secondary School: A UK-wide Review. Debi Roker and Julie Shepherd. Part 3: New Ways of Working with Parents. 7. Working with Schools to Support Parents: Lessons from Two Evaluations. Debi Roker and Helen Richardson. 8. Using Newsletters to Support the Parents of Young People: Lessons from Two Studies. Debi Roker and Julie Shepherd. 9. Getting Information and Support from Websites. Debi Roker. 10. Involving Young People in Parenting Programmes. Cris Hoskin and Sarah Lindfield. 11. Using Parent-to-Parent Mentors to get Information and Support to the Parents of Young People. Debi Roker. Part 4: Conclusions. 12. Parenting Young People: Research, Policy and Practice. Debi Roker and John Coleman. Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue