- Jackson, Tony, 1943 June 12-
- Drama in education
- Theatre -- History -- 20th century.
- Theatre -- History -- 21st century.
- Manchester University Press,
- 0719065437 (pbk.) :
- 9780719065439 (pbk.) :
- 0719065429 (hbk.) :
- 9780719065422 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 274-289) and index.
- List of illustrations, diagrams and tables; Introduction; 1. Theatre, Learning and the Aesthetic Dimension. Preliminary perspectives; Early warnings: theatre to 1947; 2. Prelude: New Drama, new audiences; 3. Agitating the audience: Theatre, propaganda and education: Radical n the 1930s; 4. Theatre and the challenge of Science, 1936-37; Post-war: theatre, learning & particpation; 5. Participatory Theatre: Audience participation and aesthetic distance; 6. Participatory Theatre: Positioning the audience - framing the drama; 7. Creative Gaps: the Didactic and the Dialogic; 8. Targets and Outcomes - and Playfulness; 9. Inter-acting with the Past; Afterword; Bibliography and other sources; Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue