- Kirschenbaum, Howard
- Kirschenbaum, Howard.
- Rogers, Carl R. 1902-1987.
- Psychotherapists -- United States -- Biography
- 1898059934 (hbk.) :
- 9781898059936 (hbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: published as On becoming Carl Rogers. New York: Delacorte, 1979.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 687-698) and index.
- Childhood and Youth: Suburban Childhood, Youth on a Farm, High School and Beyond.College Years: From Agriculture to Religion, Trip to China, Interim, History Major, Carl and Helen.The New York City Years: Union Theological Seminary, Personal Life, Columbia University, Institute for Child Guidance, Move to Rochester.The Rochester Years: Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning, Environmental Treatment, Education, Persuasion and Release, Psychoanalysis, Interpretive Therapy, Otto Rank and Relationship Therapy, Clinical Treatment of the Problem Child, Professional Activities, Personal Life, Move to Ohio.The Ohio Years: The New Professor, Counseling and Psychotherapy, The Client, The Non-Directive Method, The First Research, Recording Psychotherapy, Implementing the Method, Initial Impact, Working with Graduate Students, Personal Life, Professional Activities, Wartime Work, Move to Chicago.The Chicago Years: Part One: Getting Started, From Non-directive to Client-Centered, Speaking Personally, The Counseling Center, A Character Sketch, Becoming Congruent.The Chicago Years: Part Two: Congruence Continued, Unconditional Positive Regard, Necessary and Sufficient Conditions, Research on Psychotherapy, Professional Reputation, Personal Life, Developing Theory, Move to Wisconsin.Freud, Skinner and Rogers--Three Forces in Psychology: Freud, Rogers and Human Nature, Skinner, Gestalt and Humanistic Psychology, The Rogers-Skinner Debates, Rogers and the CIA, Other Dialogues, Integration and New Developments.The Wisconsin Years: The Schizophrenia Research Project, The Conflict in Wisconsin, The Schizophrenia Project Results, Relationships in Wisconsin, Personal Life, Professional Travel, On Becoming a Person, The Fully Functioning Person, Persons or Science, Widening Applications, Further Recognition, Move to California.The California Years--Encounter Groups and Education: At Home, WBSI, The Behavioral Sciences, Encounter Groups, On Encounter Groups, Center for Studies of the Person, Personal Life, Teaching and Learning, Freedom to Learn, Changing Educational Systems, Professional Honors.The California Years--Personal and Political Awakenings: Youthful Relationships, The Person of Tomorrow, Becoming Partners, Older and Growing, Political Awakening, Person-Centered Workshops, On Personal Power, Personal Relationships, Physical and Mental Health, Spiritual Journey.The California Years--Peacemaking: Cross-Cultural Work, Developments in the Person-Centered Approach, Peacemaking, A Way of Being.Epilogue: Following Rogers, Historical Importance, Expanding Publications, Proliferating Organizations, Evolving Research, Competing Paradigms, The Future of the Person-Centered Approach.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue