- Major, John Roy, 1943-
- Conservative Party (Great Britain).
- Political leadership -- Great Britain
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1979-1997.
- 0773455817 (pbk.)
- 9780773455818 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -325) and index.
- List of Tables and Figures; Commendatory Preface by Professor Andrew Taylor; Acknowledgements; 1. Introduction; 2. Conservatism and the Conservative Party: Ideology and Politics; 3. Electoral Hegemony and Governing Competence; 4. The Legislative Cohesion of the Parliamentary Conservative Party; 5. The Ideological Composition of the Parliamentary Conservative Party; 6. John Major and the Conservative Party Agenda; 7. John Major and the Power of Ministerial Appointment; 8. The Insecurity of Tenure of John Major; 9. The Political Ambitions and Leadership Style of John Major; Conclusion; Appendix; Bibliography; Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue