- Brewer, Marilynn B., 1942-
- Hewstone, Miles
- Emotions -- Social aspects
- Motivation (Psychology) -- Social aspects.
- Perspectives on social psychology
- 1405110686 (pbk.) :
- 9781405110686 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface. Introduction. Part I: Affect and Emotions: Introduction. 1. The Nature of Emotion: W. Gerrod Parrott (Georgetown University). 2. Understanding People's Perceptions of Relationships is Crucial to Understanding their Emotional Lives: Margaret S. Clark (Carnegie Mellon University), Julie Fitness (Macquarie University, Australia), and Ian Brissette (Rutgers University). 3. Emotional Experience in Close Relationships: Ellen Berscheid and Hilary Ammazzalorso (both University of Minnesota). 4. Poker Face, Smiley Face, and Rant 'n' Rave: Myths and Realities about Emotion in Negotiation: Leigh Thompson, Victoria Husted Medvec, Vanessa Seiden, and Shirli Kopelman (all Northwestern University). 5. Mood and Emotion in Groups: Janice R. Kelly (Purdue University). 6. Affect as a Cause of Intergroup Bias: David Wilder and Andrew F. Simon (both Rutgers University). Part II: Social Motivation: Introduction. 7. On the Motives Underlying Social Cognition: David Dunning (Cornell University). 8. Goal Setting and Goal Striving: Gabriele Oettingen (New York University) and Peter M. Gollwitzer (University of Konstanz, Germany). 9. Self-Esteem: Abraham Tesser (University of Georgia). 10. The Self We Know and the Self We Show: Self-esteem, Self-presentation, and the Maintenance of Interpersonal Relationships: Mark R. Leary (Wake Forest University). 11. Motivational Aspects of Empathic Accuracy: William Ickes (University of Texas, Arlington) and Jeffry A. Simpson (Texas A M University). 12. Helping and Altruism: John F. Dovidio (Colgate University) and Louis A. Penner (University of South Florida). 13. Social Comparison Motives in Ongoing Groups: John Darley (Princeton University). 14. Aversive Discrimination: Amelie Mummendey and Sabine Otten (both Friedrich Schiller University, Germany). Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue