- Walsham, Alexandra, 1966-
- Religious tolerance -- England -- History -- 16th century.
- Religious tolerance -- England -- History -- 17th century.
- Dissenters, Religious -- England -- History -- 16th century.
- Dissenters, Religious -- England -- History -- 17th century.
- England -- Church history -- 16th century
- England -- Church history -- 17th century
- Manchester University Press,
- Politics, culture, and society in early modern Britain
- 0719052394 (cased) :
- 9780719052392 (cased) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Formerly CIP.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 329-349) and index.
- 1. Introduction; 2. Fraternal correction and holy violence: the pursuit of uniformity and the enforcement of religious orthodoxy; 3. Godly zeal and furious rage: prejudice, persecution and the populace; 4. Living amidst hostility: responses to intolerance; 5. Loving one's neighbours: tolerance in principle and practice; 6. Coexisting with difference: religious pluralism and confessionalisation; Select bibliography.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue