- Taylor, Chris
- National Institute of Adult Continuing Education (England and Wales).
- Citizenship -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain
- English language -- Study and teaching -- Foreign speakers
- English language -- Study and teaching -- Foreign speakers -- Political aspects -- Great Britain.
- National Institute of Adult Continuing Education,
- 1862013128 (pbk.)
- 9781862013124 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 69-70).
- Introduction; Chapter 1: Background; The policy background; Citizenship in schools; Post-16 citizenship; New developments - the test for settlement; Chapter 2: Applying for citizenship; The application process; The Life in the UK test; The launch of the test; Sample questions; The citizenship ceremony; The benefits of citizenship; Chapter 3: Definitions of citizenship; Introduction; What is citizenship?; Citizenship as a legal status; Citizenship as feeling - identity; Citizenship in practice; Implications for the ESOL classroom; Chapter 4: The ESOL citizenship project; Introduction; Issues; Feedback from teachers and learners; Who knows more?; As good as the teacher; Going local; The teachers' views; Chapter 5: Learning activities; Introduction; What is citizenship?; Parliament and the electoral system; UK geography and history; The UK as a diverse society; Community engagement - volunteering; Human rights. Chapter 6: ESOL and citizenship provision; Model 1: Citizenship integrated in all provision; Model 2: ESOL and citizenship as separate provision; Model 3: ESOL and citizenship module; Model 4: Prepare for the test; Implications and issues; Accreditation and evidence for inspection; A checklist to choose the topics; Case studies; References and resources; Home Office regulations and citizenship; Citizenship for ESOL learners - learning materials.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue