- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1485-1603
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1714
- Great Britain -- History -- Tudors, 1485-1603
- Great Britain -- History -- Stuarts, 1603-1714
- Cambridge University Press,
- 0521533163 (pbk.) :
- 9780521533164 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Originally published: 1983.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; Part I. Papers: 33. Tudor government: the points of contact; 34. The materials of Parliamentary history; 35. parliament in the sixteenth century: functions and fortunes; 36. Politics and the pilgrimage of grace; 37. Taxation for War and peace in Early-Tudor England; 38. Reform and the 'Commonwealth-Men' of Edward VI's reign; 39. Arthur Hall, Lord Burghley and the antiquity of Parliament; 40. English law in the sixteenth century: reform in an age of change; 41. Crime and the historian; 42. England and the continent in the sixteenth century; 43. England und die oberdeutsche reform; 44. Contentment and discontent on the eve of colonization; 45. Thomas More; 46. Thomas Cromwell redivivus; 47. J. A. Froude and his history of England; 48. The Historian's social function; Part II. Reviews; General index; Index of authors cited.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue