- Fashion merchandising -- Vocational guidance.
- Purchasing -- Vocational guidance.
- Clothing trade -- Vocational guidance
- 1405149922 (pbk.)
- 9781405149921 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgements Preface 1 Introduction What do fashion buyers do? Fashion market levels 2 The Role of the Fashion Buyer Qualities of a successful buyer Liaising with suppliers Negotiation Liaising with internal departments Management skills Summary 3 The Buying Cycle Review of current season's sales and budget planning Comparative shopping Directional shopping Range planning and selection Critical paths for product development, production and delivery Summary 4 Predicting Fashion Trends Sources of fashion forecasting information Compiling fashion forecasting information Summary 5 Range Planning Compiling a range plan Seasons and phases Sales history Directional and comparative shopping Options and colourways Sizing Calculating retail prices Classifying fashion merchandise within the range plan Factors which affect the performance of a fashion range Summary 6 Fabric Sourcing Fibre content Fabric construction Fabric printing Fabric dyeing, finishing and embellishment Methods of fabric sourcing Fabric development Fabric imports and exports Fabric prices Summary 7 Garment Sourcing Methods of garment sourcing Liaising with garment suppliers Departments within a garment supplier Summary Case study in ethical garment sourcing 8 Buying for Own Label Fashion Multiples Major UK store groups Categories of fashion multiples Product assortment Retail sales performance Visual merchandising and point-of-sale Summary Case study in own label fashion buying 9 Mail Order Fashion Buying The mail order fashion market Compiling a catalogue Forecasting and assessing the sales performance of a mail order range Buying for the internet Summary Case studies in mail order fashion buying 10 Buying Branded Fashion Merchandise Budget planning and ordering merchandise Selecting ranges of branded fashion merchandise Processing orders and monitoring deliveries Monitoring sales figures and reviewing the season's performance PR and promotion Summary Case studies in buying branded fashion merchandise 11 Fashion Marketing for Buyers The fashion marketing mix The fashion product life cycle Customer profiles Marketing research methods Test-marketing fashion products Fashion consumer behaviour Summary 12 Careers in Fashion Buying Is fashion buying the right career for you? Qualifications for a career in fashion buying Relevant skills for fashion buyers Career progression in fashion buying Methods of finding jobs in fashion buying CVs Interview structure Advice for interviewees Summary Glossary of Fashion Buying Terms Index
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue