- Craven, Ruth F.
- Hirnle, Constance J.
- Nursing process
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins,
- 0781762189 (hbk) :
- 9780781762182 (hbk) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 2003.
- Accompanied by CD-ROM in pocket.
- Internet access card perf-bound into book.
- Text on lining papers.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- SECTION I: CONCEPTUAL FOUNDATIONS OF NURSING: UNIT 1: THE DELIVERY OF NURSING: The changing face of healthcare -- Community-based nursing and continuity of care -- UNIT 2: CONCEPTS ESSENTIAL FOR PROFESSIONAL NURSING: The profession of nursing -- Nursing theory and conceptual frameworks -- Values -- Ethical and legal concerns -- Nurse leader and manager -- Nursing research: evidence-based care -- UNIT 3: THE NURSING PROCESS: FRAMEWORK FOR CLINICAL NURSING THERAPEUTICS: Nursing process: foundation for practice -- Nursing assessment -- Nursing diagnosis -- Outcome identification and planning -- Implementation and evaluation -- Critical thinking -- Communication of the nursing process: documenting and reporting -- UNIT 4: CONCEPTS ESSENTIAL FOR HUMAN FUNCTIONING AND NURSING MANAGEMENT: Health and wellness -- Complementary and alternative medicine -- Lifespan development -- The older adult -- Individual, family, and community -- Culture and ethnicity -- Communication: the nurse-client relationship -- Caring for the difficult client -- Client education -- Care management -- UNIT 5: ESSENTIAL ASSESSMENT COMPONENTS: Health assessment of human function -- Vital sign assessment -- UNIT 6: SELECTED CLINICAL NURSING THERAPEUTICS: Asepsis and infection control -- Medication administration -- Intravenous therapy -- Perioperative nursing -- SECTION II: HUMAN FUNCTION AND CLINICAL NURSING THERAPEUTICS: UNIT 7: HEALTH PERCEPTION AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT: Safety -- Health maintenance -- UNIT 8: ACTIVITY AND EXERCISE: Self-care and hygiene -- Mobility and body mechanics -- Oxygenation: respiratory function -- Oxygenation: cardiovascular function -- UNIT 9: NUTRITION AND METABOLISM: Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balance -- Nutrition -- Skin integrity and wound healing -- The body's defense against infection -- UNIT 10: ELIMINATION: Urinary elimination -- Bowel elimination -- UNIT 11: SLEEP AND REST: Sleep and rest -- UNIT 12: COGNITION AND PERCEPTION: Pain perception and management -- Sensory perception -- Cognitive processes -- UNIT 13: SELF-PERCEPTION AND SELF-CONCEPT: Self-concept -- UNIT 14: ROLES AND RELATIONSHIPS: Families and their relationships -- Loss and grieving -- UNIT 15: COPING AND STRESS MANAGEMENT: Stress, coping, and adaptation -- UNIT 16: SEXUALITY AND REPRODUCTION: Human sexuality -- UNIT 17: VALUES AND BELIEFS: Spiritual health -- GLOSSARY.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue