- Communication in psychiatry
- Families of the mentally ill
- Medical personnel-caregiver relationships
- 0470056959 (pbk.) :
- 9780470056950 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 245-248) and index.
- Foreword by Janet Treasure. Preface. Acknowledgements. Introduction. 1 Families are fascinating. 2 Families coping. 3 Back to basics. 4 Consequences. 5 Friends and family. 6 Lies, manipulation and control freakery. 7 Difficult scenes and destructive relationships. 8 Resources: creating 24 hour best care. 9 Professionals and carers: pressures, problems and pleasures. 10 Confidentiality: a thorny issue. 11 More assumptions, perceptions and interpretations. 12 Constructive professional carer conversations. 13 Challenging the behaviour. 14 Communications in difficult days. 15 Actively helping carers cope. 16 Put on your own mask first. A final word. Appendix. References and bibliography. Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue