- Social change -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- United States -- History -- 1945-
- United States -- Social conditions -- 1945-
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1989-
- Cambridge University Press,
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Retrospect: 1. 'The American Century'; 2. Before the revolutions; 3. The challenge of power; 4. The inflation of moral possibilities; 5. The generational chasm; Part II. Eight Revolutions: 6. Affluence; 7. From isolation to hegemonic power; 8. The rise of the military; 9. The reorganization of the business system; 10. The revolution in racial relations; 11. The revolution in gender roles; 12. Revolution in sexual behavior and attitudes; 13. The demise of privacy; Part III. Counterrevolution: 14. Collapse of the Liberal Democratic coalition; 15. Liberalism: ascension and declension; 16. The Liberal Democratic coalition; 17. The failure syndrome; 18. Rise of the New Left and birth of 'neoconservatism'; 19. Right-wing ascendancy; 20. The Reagan revolution; 21. Summary; Part IV. 'The New American Century'.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue