- Speech acts (Linguistics).
- Cambridge University Press,
- 9780521096263 (pbk.) :
- 052109626X (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Originally published: 1969.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. A Theory of Speech Acts: 1. Methods and scope; 2. Expressions, meaning and speech acts; 3. The structure of illocutionary acts; 4. Reference as a speech act; 5. Predication; Part II. Some Applications of the Theory: 6. Three fallacies in contemporary philosophy; 7. Problems of reference; 8. Deriving 'ought' from 'is'; Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue