- Plimley, Lynn.
- Bowen, Maggie.
- Autism -- Patients -- Rehabilitation
- Social intelligence.
- People with mental disabilities -- Behaviour modification.
- Social skills -- Study and teaching
- Autistic spectrum disorders support kit
- 1412923131 (pbk.) :
- 9781412923132 (pbk.) :
- 1412923123 (hbk.) :
- 9781412923125 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 77-81) and index.
- 1. The Impact of an Inability to Interact and Communicate socially- the Triad of Impairments, causation and manifestation of inappropriate behaviour; 2. Ages and Stages- an overview of what issues might be encountered at different stages in the life cycle; 3. Overview of Current Research - what strategies have been used to alleviate the problems; 4. Analysing Behaviour- what is needed and what can be discarded - how to prioritise- and tackle the real issues, behaviours that cause offence but no physical harm; 5. Avoidance Tactics for Anti-Social Behaviour- recognising triggers, creating the stress-free environment, using the right language, case studies of avoidable anti-social behaviours; 6. Positive Role Models- Social support groups, using role play, PSHE, giving individuals with ASD a role and a responsibility; 7. Preventing Criminal Behaviour- the extent of the problem, the role of the Youth Justice System (assessment, procedures, partnership with schools), preventative measures at school and at home; 8. Keeping a Record- using self reports, personal portfolios monitoring behaviour, emphasising strengths, working with outside agencies, careers service and employers to promote a positive image; 9. Realistic Expectations- seeing the behaviour and the issue in the context of ASD, getting the balance right, avoiding breakdown, the home environment, the school environment, out and about in society; 10. How to Help- hints and tips for those living and working with individuals with ASD.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue