- Conversation analysis.
- Discourse analysis, Narrative.
- Sequence (Linguistics)
- Cambridge University Press,
- A primer in conversation analysis ; v. 1
- 9780521532792 (pbk.)
- 9780521825726 (hbk.) :
- 0521825725 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 287-293.
- 1. Introduction to sequence organization; 2. The adjacency pair as a unit for sequence construction; 3. Minimal, two-turn adjacency pair sequences; 4. Pre-expansion; 5. The organization of preference/dispreference; 6. Insert expansion; 7. Post-expansion; 8. Topic proffering sequences; 9. Sequence-closing sequences; 10. Sequences of sequences; 11. Retro-sequences; 12. Some variations in sequence organization; 13. Sequence as practice; 14. Ending, re-beginning, and how to use this book.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue