- Davies, N. J. H.
- Cashman, Jeremy N
- Rushman, G. B.
- Elsevier/Butterworth Heinemann,
- 0750688351 (International ed.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Rev. ed. of: Lee's synopsis of anaesthesia / G. B. Rushman, N. J. H. Davies, J. N. Cashman. 12th ed. 1999.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1 Prepartion of the patient for surgery 1.1 Assessment and preparation 1.2 Medical diseases influencing anaesthesia Section 2 General Anaesthesia 2.1 Anaesthetic equipment 2.2 Monitoring 2.3 Administration of volatile anaesthetics and gases 2.4 Intraveneous anaesthesia 2.5 Muscle relaxants 2.6 Intravascular techniques and blood transfusion 2.8 Acid-base, electrolyte balance and nutrition 2.9 Resuscitation Section 3 Case of the patient after surgery 3.1 Care in the recovery area 3.2 Acute pain management 3.3 Complications of anaesthesia Section 4 Regional Anaesthesia 4.1 Local anaesthetic agents 4.2 Techniques of regional anaesthesia 4.3 Spinal anaesthesia--intradural & extradural Section 5 Anaesthesia for various procedures 5.1 Abdominal surgery 5.2 Cardiac surgery 5.3 Day surgery 5.4 Endocrine surgery 5.5 Gynaecological surgery 5.6 Neonatal & paediatric surgery 5.7 Neurosurgery 5.8 Obstetrics 5.9 Ophthalmic surgery 5.10 Oral, dental, and maxillofacial surgery 5.11 Orthopaedic and trauma surgery 5.12 Otorhinolaryngology 5.13 Plastic surgery and the care of burns 5.14 Thoracic surgery 5.15 Anaesthesia in unusual environments 5.16 Urological surgery 5.17 Vascular surgery Section 6 Non-acute pain 6.1 Non-acute pain Section 7 Training and standards in anaesthesia 7.1 Training and standards in anaesthesia Appendices 1 Dictionary of adult medical disorders 2 Dictionary of paediatric medical disorders Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue