- English literature -- Women authors -- History and criticism
- English literature -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism
- Society in literature.
- Public spaces in literature.
- Cities and towns in literature
- Space (Architecture) in literature.
- Setting (Literature)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -220) and index.
- Preface; Acknowledgements; Editorial Note; Introduction; 1. Social Spaces in Early Modern Culture; 2. Alternatives and Appropriations: Counter-spaces in Aemilia Lanyer's "The Description of Cooke-ham"; 3. Isabella Whitney's "re" view of Early Modern London; 4. The Formation of Identity through Relations in Space: The Diary of Margaret Hoby, 1599-1605; 5. Elizabeth Russell's Inscriptions of Identity in Monumental Space; 6. Women "In" habiting Place: A Conclusion; Bibliography; Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue