- Bradshaw, David, 1955-
- Dettmar, Kevin J. H., 1958-
- English literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Modernism (Literature) -- English-speaking countries
- American literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Blackwell companions to literature and culture 39
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Notes on Contributors: Introduction: Kevin J. H. Dettmar (Southern Illinois University) Part I: Origins, beginnings, and the new. 1. Philosophy: Jean-Michel Rabate (University of Pennsylvania) 2. Religion: Pericles Lewis (Yale University) 3. Politics: Tyrus Miller (University of California, Santa Cruz) 4. The Physical Sciences: Michael H. Whitworth (Merton College, Oxford) 5. The Biological Sciences: Angelique Richardson (Exeter University) 6. Technology: Sara Danius (Uppsala University) 7. Psychology: Perry Meisel (New York University) 8. Anthropology: Patricia Rae (Queen's University, Ontario) 9. Obscenity and Censorship: David Bradshaw (Worcester College, Oxford) 10. Language: R. M. Berry (Florida State University) 11. Geography: Nico Israel (Hunter College) 12. Publishing: Mark S. Morrison (Penn State University) 13. Sex & Sexuality: Liesl Olson (University of Chicago) Part II: MOVEMENTS 14. Literary Symbolism : Marshall C. Olds (University of Nebraska) 15. Dada: Robert Short (University of East Anglia) 16. Futurism: Tyrus Miller (University of California, Santa Cruz) 17. Vorticism: Alan Munton (University of Plymouth) 18. Imagism: Patrick McGuinness (St. Anne's College, Oxford) 19. Surrealism: Mary Ann Caws (City University of New York) 20. Expressionism: Richard Murphy (University of Sussex) 21. Literary Impressionism: Max Saunders (King's College, London) Part III: modernist genres and modern media 22. The Novel: Jesse Matz (Kenyon College) 23. Poetry: Adam Parkes (University of Georgia) 24. Drama: Steve Watt (Indiana University) 25. Visual Arts: Richard Weston (Cardiff University) 26. Film: Laura Marcus (Sussex University) 27. Music: Bernie Gendron (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee) 28. Dance: Susan Jones (St. Hilda's College, Oxford) 29. Architecture: Lee Morrissey (Clemson University) 30. Photography: Maggie Humm (University of East.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue