- Prime ministers -- Great Britain
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- 140393990X (pbk. : alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction; Robert Cecil, 3rd Marquis of Salisbury - The Man Who Stayed Too Long; Arthur James Balfour - Bob's Your Uncle; Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman - "A Good, Honest Scotchman"; Herbert Henry Asquith - Not Quite in the Gladstone Mould; David Lloyd George - "A Dynamic Force"; Andrew Bonar Law - Tory Puritan; Stanley Baldwin - "A Man of the Most Utter Insignificance"? James Ramsay MacDonald - An 'Aristocrat' Among Plain Men? Neville Chamberlain - A Family Affair; Winston Churchill - His Finest Hour; Clement Attlee - Quiet Revolutionary; Sir Anthony Eden - Self-Destruction of a Prince Charming; Harold Macmillan - Idealist into Manipulator; Sir Alec Douglas-Home - Right Man, Wrong Century? Harold Wilson - Master - or Victim - of the Short Term; Edward Heath - Cheerleader for Europe; James Callaghan - Labour's Conservative; Margaret Thatcher - Grocer's Daughter to Iron Lady; John Major - "Thatcherism with a Human Face"; Tony Blair - Governing Against his Party; Appendix: Prime Ministers of the 20th Century.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue