- Private security services -- Great Britain.
- Bouncers -- Great Britain.
- Nightclubs -- Great Britain.
- Violence -- Great Britain.
- Subculture -- Great Britain
- Clarendon studies in criminology
- 0199288003 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- "Reprinted as paperback 2005 ... First published 2003"--T.p. verso.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -314) and index.
- 1. Let the Good Times Roll: Liminality and the Night-Time Economy; 2. After-Dark 'Fun' and its Control in the Industrial City; 3. Post-Industrial Manchester: From Cotton to Carlsberg; 4. Tommy Smith's Story: Four Decades on the Door; 5. A Word at the Door: Bouncers On Their Work; 6. Manners Maketh the Man: Licensing 'Door Supervisors' and the Discourses of Professionalism and Safety; 7. Market Force: Class, Violence, and Liminal Buiness on the Night-Time Frontier; 8. Night Futures: The Marketization of License and Control; 9. Big People, Dirty Work; A Conclusion.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue