- Hua, Zhu, 1970-
- Dodd, Barbara.
- Language acquisition.
- Language disorders in children
- Grammar, Comparative and general -- Phonology
- Bilingualism in children
- Child language and child development 8
- 1853598909 (ebook)
- 9781853598890 (hbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 450-473) and index.
- Part 1 Introduction: 1. A multilingual perspective on phonological development and disorders Zhu Hua & Barbara Dodd; 2. The need for comparable criteria in multilingual studies Zhu Hua; Part 2 Monolingual context: 3. English phonology: Acquisition and disorder Barbara Dodd, Alison Holm (Univ. of Queensland), Zhu Hua, Sharon Crosbie (Univ. of Queensland) and Jan Broomfield (Middlesbrough Primary Care Trust., UK); 4. Evidence from German-speaking children Annette Fox (Europa Fachhochschule Fresenius,, Germany); 5. The normal and disordered phonology of Putonghua (Modern Standard Chinese)-speaking children Zhu Hua; 6. Cantonese phonological development: normal and disordered Lydia So (Univ. of Hong Kong); 7. Phonological development of Maltese-speaking children Helen Grech (Univ. of Malta); 8. Syllabic constraints in the phonological errors of children with pre-lingual hearing loss: A perspective from Telugu Duggirala Vasanta (Osmania Univ.India); 9. Phonological development and disorders: Colloquial Egyptian Arabic Wafaa Ammar (Univ. of Alexandria) & Ranya Morsi (Univ. of Reading, UK); 10. Phonological acquisition and disorders in Turkish Seyhun Topbas (Anadolu Univ., Turkey) & Mehmet Yavas (Florida International Univ.); Part 3 Bilingual context; 11. Aspects of bilingual phonology: the case of Spanish-English bilingual children Mehmet Yavas (Florida International Univ) & Brian Goldstein (Temple Univ.); 12. Phonological development and disorder of bilingual children acquiring Cantonese and English Alison Holm and Barbara Dodd; 13. Phonological acquisition in bilingual Pakistani heritage children in England Carol Stow and Sean Pert (Rochdale Primary Care Trust, UK); 14. Phonological development and disorder of bilingual children acquiring Welsh and English Martin Ball, Nicola Mueller (Univ. of Louisiana at Lafayette), and Sian Munro (Univ. of Wales Institute, Cardiff); 15. Phonological acquisition by Arabic-English bilingual children Ghada Khatta.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue