- London (England) -- History.
- London (England) -- Social life and customs
- London (England) -- Social conditions
- 014010593X (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Originally published: London: Hamish Hamilton, 1994.
- Formation to Reformation; Tudor London; war, plague and fire; the triumph of town - from Restoration to Regency; commercial city - 1650-1800; culture city -life under the Georges; capitalism in the capital - the Victorian age; "the contagion of numbers" - the building of the Victorian capital - 1820-1890; Bumbledom? London's politics - 1800-1890; social problems, social improvement - 1820-1890; Victorian life; "a fungus-like growth" - expansion - 1890-1945; modern growth, modern government - 1890-1945; swinging London, dangling economy - 1945-1975; Thatcher's London. Conclusion: the London Marathon.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue