- World War, 1914-1918 -- Social aspects -- Great Britain.
- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 20th century
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- This ed. originally published: Basingstoke: Macmillan, 1991.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 356-367.
- List of Illustrations - Preface to Reissued Second Edition; J.Bourke - Preface to Second Edition - Introduction: War and Social Change in Twentieth Century Britain - Preface - Early Days: August 1914-March 1915 - Changed Men: 1915-1916 - New Women: 1915-1916 - Gentlemen in England Now Abed: 1915-1916 - The Challenge to Laissez-faire - Seasons of Discontent: 1917-1918 - Science and Collectivism - The End of the War - After the Deluge - Bibliography - Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue