- D'Souza, Aruna
- McDonough, Tom.
- Flaneurs in art.
- Public spaces in art.
- Public spaces -- France -- Paris -- History -- 19th century.
- Art, Modern -- 19th century
- Manchester University Press,
- Critical perspectives in art history
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 178-181.
- List of Contributors; List of Illustrations; 1. Introduction: Aruna D'Souza and Tom McDonough; 2. Gender and the Haunting of Cities (Or, The Retirement of the Flaneur): Janet Wolff; 3. Women in Public: The Display of Femininity in the Parks of Paris: Greg M. Thomas; 4. Dusting the Surface, or The Bourgeoisie, the Veil, and Haussmann's Paris: Marni Kessler; 5. Disorienting Orient: Duret and Guimet, Anxious Flaneurs in Asia: Ting Chang; 6. TRANSCRYPTS: Some Notes Between Pricks: Simon Leung; 7. Not the Flaneur Again: Reading Magazines and Living the Metropolis around 1880: Tom Gretton; 8. The Flaneuse in French Fin-de-Siecle Posters: Advertising Images of Modern Women in Paris: Ruth E. Iskin; 9. Why the Impressionists Never Painted the Department Store: Aruna D'Souza; 10. City of Strangers: Tom McDonough; 11. The Contemporary Flaneuse: Helen Scalway; 12. Afterword: Linda Nochlin; Select Bibliography.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue